- Follow HabsWorld
- Must Read
- Latest HW Forum Topics
Los Angeles vs. Montreal | December 10th, 2013 | 1900 EST
Started on: 10 December 2013 - 08:51 AM - 108 replies
Buffalo vs. Montreal | December 7th, 2013 | 1900 EST
Started on: 07 December 2013 - 10:38 AM - 129 replies
Boston vs. Montreal | December 5th, 2013 | 1930 EST
Started on: 05 December 2013 - 10:03 AM - 146 replies
38 Habs Fans are currently browsing the HabsWorld Forums. Join the discussion!
HAMILTON, ON – Four different Bulldogs players scored single goals and goaltender Jean-Francois Damphousse stopped all 17 shots he faced, as the Hamilton Bulldogs shut out the Cleveland Barons 4-0 in Game #1 of the AHL North Division Semi-Finals. The Bulldogs lead the series 1-0.
After a scoreless first period, the Bulldogs got on the scoreboard at 1:02 of the second period when Marcel Hossa picked up a loose puck in the Barons crease and put it past Cleveland goaltender Nolan Schaefer.
The Bulldogs would then go on to score three goals in the third period. Scoring for Hamilton in the third frame were Marc-Andre Thinel, Alexander Perezhogin and Duncan Milroy.
Damphousse earned his first career playoff shutout in the contest. As well, it was the fourth playoff shutout earned by a Bulldogs’ goaltender in franchise history.
The Bulldogs also set a new franchise record in Game #1 for fewest shots against in a playoff game. Hamilton surrendered just 17 shots in the contest. The previous record of 18 shots against was set on May 2, 2002 versus the Hartford WolfPack.
The Hamilton Bulldogs will host the Cleveland Barons in Game #2 of the AHL North Division Semi-Finals on Sunday, April 25th at 4:00 p.m. Bulldogs fans can purchase their tickets by visiting the Copps Coliseum Box Office, at all Ticketmaster outlets or by calling Ticketmaster at (905) 527-7666.
1. HAM – Marcel Hossa-1 (Alexander Perezhogin, Francois Beauchemin) – 1:02
2. HAM – Marc-Andre Thinel-1 (Tomas Plekanec, Patrick Traverse) – 6:32
3. HAM – Alexander Perezhogin-1 (Tomas Plekanec, Jean-Francois Cote) – 7:17
4. HAM – Duncan Milroy-1 (Tomas Plekanec, Francois Beauchemin) – 11:25 (pp_
Hamilton: Jean-Francois Damphousse (17 shots, 17 saves)
Cleveland: Nolan Schaefer (46 shots, 42 saves)
Hamilton: 1 for 7
Cleveland: 0 for 2
1. HAM – Tomas Plekanec (3 assists)
2. HAM – Alexander Perezhogin (1 goal, 1 assist)
3. HAM – Jean-Francois Damphousse (17 saves shutout)
- Discuss this topic in HW Forums
- Hamilton vs Cleveland - Series Preview posted by M. Gauthier