- Follow HabsWorld
- Must Read
- Latest HW Forum Topics
Lars Eller re-signs, 4 years, $3.5M per year
Started on: 24 July 2014 - 02:34 PM - 62 replies
Eller's arbitration case
Started on: 22 July 2014 - 08:14 PM - 74 replies
Therrien's Doghouse: Pre-season Predictions
Started on: 21 July 2014 - 09:50 PM - 17 replies
37 Habs Fans are currently browsing the HabsWorld Forums. Join the discussion!
- Did you know?
- If the cases get to arbitration, it will be Montreal's decision as to whether or not the arbitrator will award one or two year deals to Lars Eller and P.K. Subban.
The Habs didn't waste much time getting their first rounder from last month's NHL Entry Draft signed as Alex Galchenyuk inked a three year entry level deal late Monday afternoon. Financial terms of the deal weren't officially released but he will earn a base salary of $925,000 per year with bonuses that take the cap hit up to $3.225 million.
Montreal selected Galchenyuk in last month's draft despite him missing the majority of last season with a knee issue. He played the final two games of Sarnia's regular season where he was held without a point. He also suited up for every playoff game (six in total), picking up a pair of goals and assists in the Sting's first round playoff loss. His OHL rookie campaign was very impressive where he collected 31 goals and 52 assists in 68 regular season games where he was named to the OHL's All-Rookie Team.
Although the deal is supposed to start in 2012-13, it will slide a year if he fails to play in ten NHL games (he is too young to play in the AHL). If that happens, his contract will not count against the Habs' limit of 50 which, with Galchenyuk, currently sits at 47 with P.K. Subban still to sign.
- When should a 3rd overall pick start in the NHL? posted by B. La Rose
- Alex Galchenyuk: Ready for the NHL? posted by Ken Beaumont
- Habs select Galchenyuk 3rd overall posted by B. La Rose
- 2012 HabsWorld Draft Central posted by B. La Rose